WOW, look at this price for 4x's

draftingmonkey

Guest dogmeninreno

>I've seen some high prices for the AR-4x, but...

>

>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Pair-Acoustic-...1QQcmdZViewItem

>

>Just thought it interesting enough to share. Maybe I better

>put much better locks on the doors if the prices keep going

>up.

>

>James

James, your link does not work from here..Do you have another URL? Also, I cannot find any 4x's at a high price on ebay..Dale in Reno

Interesting, I think these sold high because they were in nice condition and had complete paperwork on the back. Also note the black level control knobs and coarse weave grill cloth. This pair is an early pair from 1965 or 1966. In any case, the point is that there are plenty of folks out in ebayland that have lots of knowledge and refined tastes.

Dale - the link worked for me at work and at home. Try logging in and checking on item #5856288765. The price was $354.78.

Brad - I agree. These look to be very nice and perhaps worth the money. I am still learning what a treasure, musically that is, I have in my AR's and now my newest Advent aquisition. Some of the points you made about the condition were a learning experience for me. I always enjoy learning from the more knowledgeable members. I have learned a few more things to look for in a very good pair of AR's

James

Wow, Thanks for the high praise. My perspective is one of collection/restoration and I have tried to bring a little "antique car" thinking to the forum. I have learned from research, observation and of course from other forum members. Really my goal is to expand the awareness of AR and its contributions to audio. This forum is truly a great collection of perspectives. We really have a tremendous amount of respect for one and other here.

..and that respect for each other is why I enjoy this forum. Some of the other forums I peruse have plenty of members who seem to enjoy denigrating others who do not share their view. The large pool of knowledge, experience and a willingness to share and teach makes this a wonderful place to relax and learn.

BTW - Antique car? My other hobby is cars. Currently working on a restoration of a 1953 Jaguar XK120 DHC. What older cars are you interested in and/or working on.

James

>..and that respect for each other is why I enjoy this forum.

>Some of the other forums I peruse have plenty of members who

>seem to enjoy denigrating others who do not share their view.

>The large pool of knowledge, experience and a willingness to

>share and teach makes this a wonderful place to relax and

>learn.

>

>>James

I very much agree.

Brad,

My other baby is a 1974 Dodge Charger with a 340HP that I added later. Came out of a speed shop with approximately a 500 pony rating. Had the car since 1978 bought out of HS. Next on my list of restorations.

James

A Mopar head BTW so I can appreciate your Charger 500

Archived