Tweeters and Mids for AR91s

Guest retreatwi

Guest retreatwi

I purchased a pair of AR91s at a thrift store for $25 over the weekend. When I hooked them up, sound only came out of the woofers. I took the tweeters and mids out and they had no magnets or internal structures. I took both woofers out and I found the magnets for the tweeters and mids attached to the woofer magnet.

So, I'm looking for replacement drivers. Are any other AR tweeters and mids compatible with the AR91s?

thank you

The best results you are likely to get would be with original drivers bought from an eBay auction or something similar (provided they work correctly).

Use the model numbers from the backs of your old drivers when searching for used replacements. There are several that look identical, but really are not. You might find that a "-1" or something similar will follow the number you are looking-for. That's an okay replacement.

If you want replacements quickly you might try

http://www.abtechservices.com/pages/1/index.htm

but be warned that these drivers, although officially the correct replacements, are slightly different from the old.

It sounds like someone dropped those speakers at some point.

$25.00 is a great price for just the cabinets and the woofers. You've got a good starting place.

Good luck and let us know how it works-out for you.

Bret

Archived