Perceived Frequency Response Speaker vs Listener

Aadams

I had my 3a's on the floor while I was refurbishing and testing them, and put them on the X stands after. I actually don't notice much of a difference in the sound. The stands reduce the chances that someone will accidentally kick the woofer, and our cats seem much less interested in picking at the grills when the cabinets are raised.

Just now, genek said:

I had my 3a's on the floor while I was refurbishing and testing them, and put them on the X stands after. I actually don't notice much of a difference in the sound. The stands reduce the chances that someone will accidentally kick the woofer, and our cats seem much less interested in picking at the grills when the cabinets are raised.

Ah yes the feline problem. Very real in  my house. I'll keep it mind but I will still do a quick experiment to see if I notice any difference.

If I'm correct RA didn't produce any speakers after he left AR that were designed for stands. Either directly on floor, or on shelves(Allison Four). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting article I wonder if Roy Allison had any influence on Vertical Series Acoustic Research released I remember listening to a pair of AR3a my best friend had when they were working (before the internet)the sound stage definitely sounded better with them on the stands. Same when I helped my nephew set up his Braun /ADS 810s