B-302 A Speaker placement

JohnnyTheG

Hello fellow Bozak fans.  My friend recently bought a pair of 302-a Urbans.  He currently has them toed in and about 2 feet from the wall facing the listener.  Did Bozak intend their speakers to have this placement or were the meant to be pointing straight out and close to the listener facing wall?

Thanks in advance

John

• 6 months later...

Just acquired  a pair of restored, Tobinfied 302A's and they are as good a speaker that I think I've ever owned.

I originally placed them in corners, but found the bass to be a little much, so moved them out into the room and they're perfect. It's really all about moving them about to what sounds best. They're not picky, it just depends on what sounds best to the listener. 

I rotate them with AR3's, and Klipsch La Scala's, and drive them with a McIntosh MC225. I also tried them with a McIntosh MC2120 and they sound incredible with that. It turned them into true rock'n'roll speakers. But I have a bias to my Mac tube gear, so...

0-E5-E0-DC5-0092-4-EEF-A431-BD48-E63-BAC

9 minutes ago, JohnnyTheG said:

Wow, that a beautiful setup.  Bozaks, ARs and Macs.  IS there anything better?

Yeah, I'm a lucky guy. And certainly very grateful.

Oh, and they're blocked by the 302's, but there's a pair of 1977 La Scala's that the AR3's are sitting on top of. The 3's have since been put on stands on the floor. The LS's are driven by McIntosh MC30's and the 3's by the MC240 in the picture.  I rotate between the 3 sets of speakers and the 3 amps, pretty much daily.

The 302's have been getting a lot of play since I got them last week. They don't do anything wrong. I suppose at this second I had to choose one pair to live with it would be them.

But I'm a huge fan of AR3's and have been for a long time. They match up beautifully with the MC240. Having the mids and tweets rebuilt really turned them into fabulous speakers.

The La Scala's are completely stock, where the other two are restored. But they sound wonderful with MC30's, and obviously they don't take much to get very loud, if that's the mood I'm in so they tend to be my kick out the jams pair.

They all bring something different to the party. I also own a pair of Allison One's, which are terrific(and probably as close as I'll ever come to owning AR LST's) as well as Klipsch Cornwall's  and a very early pair of KLH Model Six's. The Cornwall's are presently seeing duty in a second bedroom system. The other two are bench warmers for the time being.