My refurbished Cizek Model One's

Quinn

Hey all,

I was fortunate enough to meet another audiophile who had a pair of Cizek Model One's and he informed me of their history.  Shortly after I bought a used pair for sale locally from the  original owner who bought them at a HiFi store locally in 1976.  I had another friend refoam them.

They sit on a pair of used Osiris Audionics stands (100lbs (45kg) each filled).  After breaking them in for a bit I have to say they punch way above their size and weight.  I've had friends over and each has said they feel that they are listening to much larger speakers.  Very happy with these speakers.  My other speakers are Genesis Physics Model III from 1978.

IMG_6241.JPG

IMG_6258.JPG

IMG_6263.JPG

IMG_9053.JPG

IMG_9050.JPG

IMG_9588.JPG

IMG_9576.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 8:13 PM, Quinn said:

Hey all,

I was fortunate enough to meet another audiophile who had a pair of Cizek Model One's and he informed me of their history....

Gorgeous pair of Model-1s, original and complete with all details, even the original foam grids very difficult to see in these conditions after 50 years!

Giorgio

Thanks Giorgio.  Yes I'm enjoying these speakers very much.  I've played all types of music from Prog and Heavy Rock to Jazz to Classical to Motown, everything sounds outstanding.  I had a friend listen to the Phil Collins song In The Air Tonight...when the drums finally came in they filled the room, very deep and punchy.  He did not expect the speakers to deliver sound that big.

According to many people, from the time they were put on sale until today they are defined as "the best two-way speaker".

I noticed in the photos at least two receivers and a tuner ... I also have some receivers of several brands and I love them and several tuners, I really like listening to the radio in the background all day long (now two are switched on in two separate rooms), sometimes at high volumes when good music is playing!

I actually have 3 receivers, all from 1976;  Sansui 9090, Kenwood KR-9600 and a Technics SA-5760.  I also just acquired a NAD 1000 pre-amp and 2 NAD 2200 power amps.  The tuner in the pictures is a Kenwood KT-7300 and works through the Sansui as the FM radio does not work.  I also just acquired a Yamaha T-85 Tuner.  I listen to analogue radio almost every day.  And it works even when the Wi-Fi does down....

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, Quinn said:

I moved the Cizek along with the NAD gear into a smaller room

Your Cizeks are fine in their new room, but perhaps they would like a more "muscular" amplification, if I can guess from the photo, the power amp. is it a NAD 2200? Probably with an Adcom GFA-555 they would fly high!