AR 91 tweeter replacement - Hivi Q1R

I recently acquired a pair of AR 91's that have one dead tweeter, I also have a pair of Hivi Q1R tweeters that I had planned to use for my AR 3a's but since they have working tweeters I didn't think they were worth replacing, question is has anyone tried the Hivi tweeters with any AR 9 series speakers ? And if so were there any modifications required ?

2 hours ago, solitude-is-bliss said:

question is has anyone tried the Hivi tweeters with any AR 9 series speakers

Don't think anyone has reported doing this.  The HiVi is not a mod that would be popular for post AR3a now that Midwest Speaker sells a reportedly excellent replacement unit for all ADD and 9 series that works well when installed in pairs.

Since you already own the HiVi tweeters it won't hurt anything to give them a try. The HiVi tweeter will fit the cabinet hole without damaging it. After some experimentation with the AR-11, which has a similar tweeter to that of the AR-91, I found the HiVi to work relatively well with a smaller inductor.

If you do try it, you may find it to be too forward. If so, try placing a parallel .1mh inductor across it. The .05mh inductor recommended for use with the HiVi tweeter in the AR-3a is too small when used in conjunction with the one in the 91's crossover.

Roy