Allison midrange repair

CAllyn

I have 2 Allison done midranges on which the faceplate including the dome and coil have literally come unglued from the magnet structure. Does anyone know how to align them during gluing so the coil doesn’t rub in the gap? I haven’t tried it yet but assuming it’s almost impossible?

2DBDFECD-BD4D-4CD8-9BED-64DF3357703E.jpeg

15 hours ago, CAllyn said:

I have 2 Allison done midranges on which the faceplate including the dome and coil have literally come unglued from the magnet structure. Does anyone know how to align them during gluing so the coil doesn’t rub in the gap? I haven’t tried it yet but assuming it’s almost impossible?

2DBDFECD-BD4D-4CD8-9BED-64DF3357703E.jpeg

I’ve had several of those professionally restored. Too tedious and valuable for me to chance it myself.

The trick is sending test tones thru the driver to be certain there’s no rubbing involved (signal generator).

My guy no longer repairs Allison but Simply Speakers is one I trust to get it done. You want to contact them?

33 minutes ago, CAllyn said:

Yes, send me the contact info if you would please. I haven’t decided what to do with them yet. I have a working set in my Ones plus have secured a spare. I hate to throw them but don’t “need” them right now either. 

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzK_5o5Xw8QIVWv7jBx2drABQEAAYASAAEgLqOfD_BwE

Yes, send me the contact info if you would please. I haven’t decided what to do with them yet. I have a working set in my Ones plus have secured a spare. I hate to throw them but don’t “need” them right now either. 

Thanks newandold. I’ll price it out and go from there. 

• 3 weeks later...