Crossover schematic for Allison 9 / CD-9?

Kvn_W

Believe it or not, I bought back my CD-9's this week!  I missed those beauties and the gentleman decided to part with them, so I jumped on the opportunity to bring them back home.

Does anyone have the crossover diagram for that model?  I want to compare it to the other 3-driver models like the CD-8 or Model 3.

Thanks!

On 7/13/2021 at 8:42 AM, Kvn_W said:

Believe it or not, I bought back my CD-9's this week!  I missed those beauties and the gentleman decided to part with them, so I jumped on the opportunity to bring them back home.

Does anyone have the crossover diagram for that model?  I want to compare it to the other 3-driver models like the CD-8 or Model 3.

Thanks!

https://groups.io

Go here. Search “Allison Speakers” and join that group, if you would like to get the schematic. 
Guaranteed somebody there has it, or it’s in the files section, or both.

Thought I had it, but came up dry.

Bill

Thanks for that!  Wow, it confirms a suspicion I had, that the bass section of the 9's are electrically identical to the 3's.  I had thought maybe there would be some series resistance added to the 3's woofer to balance out corner loading, but that's not the case.

12 minutes ago, Kvn_W said:

Thanks for that!  Wow, it confirms a suspicion I had, that the bass section of the 9's are electrically identical to the 3's.  I had thought maybe there would be some series resistance added to the 3's woofer to balance out corner loading, but that's not the case.

Perhaps that’s because the “loading” energy from the floor is similar to the corner loading.

I have a Sonos system in my kitchen that I tuck in the corner for the same reasons the Three is in there (inspired)!

The results are indeed quite dramatic 

47 minutes ago, LesE said:

I happen to have a copy.

CD-9.thumb.jpg.726604b8b6a985931c2fc09b9858e6d0.jpg

Les,

So glad you came up with that here! (one stop shopping).

The Classic Speaker Pages is superior in every way to that other site and all the big New England players are here (AR) etc.

Years ago I appealed to the moderator to move everything here and I was met with extreme resistance….borderline hostility. Oh well, an agenda there for sure

Bill

39 minutes ago, newandold said:

Les,

So glad you came up with that here! (one stop shopping).

The Classic Speaker Pages is superior in every way to that other site and all the big New England players are here (AR) etc.

Years ago I appealed to the moderator to move everything here and I was met with extreme resistance….borderline hostility. Oh well, an agenda there for sure

Bill

Hey Bill,

I must have grabbed this from the Allison group at some point.   Most likely from the old Yahoo site.   I pop into the new groups.io every now and then just to find out what those guys are up to.  That platform seems to work for them and that's cool but I  agree that modern forums such as CSP are a more effective and convenient way to communicate.

Cheers,

Les.

8 minutes ago, LesE said:

Hey Bill,

I must have grabbed this from the Allison group at some point.   Most likely from the old Yahoo site.   I pop into the new groups.io every now and then just to find out what those guys are up to.  That platform seems to work for them and that's cool but I  agree that modern forums such as CSP are a more effective and convenient way to communicate.

Cheers,

Les.

Last thing I did with them was just a few months ago….Dave Moran had someone who felt he could replicate the Allison tweeter and supply them to the group….. needed a “ template” so I sent him a dead Allison tweeter to assist in the process. Haven’t heard back yet as to any progress on that…..