AR-90 recap

Tommycat68

I recently re-capped my A.R. 90s. They sound very nice, and both lower mid range and upper mid range levers on the back work as they should. The tweeter levers however Don’t seem to change the tweeter levels. I have a good tweeter sound output,but the tweeter levers on the back don’t have any affect.I’m pretty sure all my internal wiring of new caps is correct. Anyone have any possible suggestions? Thank you

Do you know which resistors they might be,as I notice there are about 6-8 of them in the crossover,or do I just start checking the resistors with an ohm meter to see if they are bad?I assume what I’m hearing now out of the tweeters is probably the 0 setting on the lever position?Thanks.Both speakers have the same high frequency lever setting problem.

I found that I never used the crossover switches in the back of my AR 90s so I eliminated them.  One less thing to worry about.  I did install  acoustic rubber feet on my AR90s which surprisingly made a big difference. I would move the switches around a lot at first because I didn't like the sound of some vinyl then moved them again for other recordings.  When I left them all at zero (in the down position I was most happy so I left them that way. Another thing to consider are the way the woofers are attached to the speakers. We replaced all screws to eliminate  rattle. This does happen.   

the tweeters on the AR90s, when testing just the drivers, are a few db lower then the mid and low mid drivers.Also found that the damping on the face of the speaker changes the effect of those tweeters and mid base  .I removed that damping.  Put everything together with the 40 year old caps there has to be some effect on the performance of the highs on my speakers.  the tolerances from AR where +/-10 db.  We are making everything flat to +/_ 2db.