ADS L1090 tweeters

npt3

Just found a BEAUTIFUL pair of black L1090s for very little money. On initial listening though, one of the tweeters seems in need of repair. 

I’m new to the ADS world, but are L1090 tweeters the same as used in other models? Or, are there other (e.g., Peerless) tweeters that would work, too?

Congrats on a great find!

Step one, check for a blown fuse.  Not having 1090s myself I'm not sure there is one, but the models above had separate fuses for low and mid/high, with fractional values that are hard to find (and easy to blow).  In "series 2" they replaced at least the mid/high with a polyswitch (self-resetting circuit breaker).

If that is not the problem, nose around a bit and you'll find Richard So performing just the service you'd need.  He was on eBay when I used him, not sure about now.

Best,

- Jeff

11 hours ago, batchman said:

Congrats on a great find!

Step one, check for a blown fuse.  Not having 1090s myself I'm not sure there is one, but the models above had separate fuses for low and mid/high, with fractional values that are hard to find (and easy to blow).  In "series 2" they replaced at least the mid/high with a polyswitch (self-resetting circuit breaker).

If that is not the problem, nose around a bit and you'll find Richard So performing just the service you'd need.  He was on eBay when I used him, not sure about now.

Best,

- Jeff

You are a life saver!  I was not curious enough to slide the door on the bottom of the speaker to discover the HF level switch and the two fuses (Buss 1.6A and 2.5A fuses.)  The HF fuse was blown.  I'll order up some replacements for both speakers.  Thanks Jeff!

• 3 weeks later...

That's great, the forum comes through for you!  I will correct myself though, no fuse on the woofer - just mid and tweet.

Spares are good to have - especially if you start to really enjoy them ;).

Padding the high level down will help that fuse but not a lot...

Happy Listening,

- Jeff