AR10 woofer refoam help

reza

Hi first time for me , so a few questions , thanks 

Will the corrosion affect these or will I not know till I try

Have I cleaned the outer surround edge where the new foam will sit enough, which appears to be made of wood  and should I paint that bit black before refoam for aesthetics 

How do you lift up the cone with the mesh cage round the outside as the cone sits slightly lower the the edge surround 

Are the rear gaskets still available to buy

Any recommendations on shimming or not on these , in fact any advise would be gratefully received 

50397099356_f36b91f934_c.jpg

50396410863_5fd76c9217_c.jpg

50397260927_cd84b2fb57_c.jpg

4 hours ago, reza said:

Have I cleaned the outer surround edge where the new foam will sit enough, which appears to be made of wood  and should I paint that bit black before refoam for aesthetics 

How do you lift up the cone with the mesh cage round the outside as the cone sits slightly lower the the edge surround 

Are the rear gaskets still available to buy

It just needs to be clean and smooth.  I wouldn't paint the masonite mounting surface.

You should shim.  It keeps the cone centered and in place after you have lifted it into position for gluing using water based glue such as Aleenes Tacky Glue.

Use adhesive gasket tape to make new gaskets.  If your cabs have particle board baffles then sealing putty is a distant second choice.

Adams

1 hour ago, Aadams said:

I wouldn't paint the masonite mounting surface.

You should shim.  It keeps the cone centered and in place after you have lifted it into position

Thanks

So thats masonite not wood 

How , with the mesh cage round the speaker do you lift the cone into position

You can use shims on the voice coil but you need to slice the center dome piece and flip over or remove entirely and replace with a new one.

You can also use a 30Hz tone to center the cone. This is done after the the inner flap has been glued and cured. Most of use cloths pins with the spring to hold the outer flap in place.

Watch some You Tube videos first.

127_2721.JPG

• 3 weeks later...