The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
johnfalc

AR-2AX - old vs new tweeters - crossover cap change?

My understanding from reading (mainly here) is that the original, early AR-2AX speakers used the same 4 ohm orange dome tweeters as the AR-3 and that the later AR-2AX speakers use an 8 ohm version of the 3/4" black hard dome tweeters which were used in the AR-3a (but the 3a version of these tweeters are 4 ohm).

If this interpretation is correct ...

My question relates to the (if any) changes made to the crossover network, i.e., was the size of the series cap feeding the tweeters changes at the same time and, if so, from what to what?

Thanks, John

3 hours ago, johnfalc said:

My understanding from reading (mainly here) is that the original, early AR-2AX speakers used the same 4 ohm orange dome tweeters as the AR-3 and that the later AR-2AX speakers use an 8 ohm version of the 3/4" black hard dome tweeters which were used in the AR-3a (but the 3a version of these tweeters are 4 ohm).

If this interpretation is correct ...

My question relates to the (if any) changes made to the crossover network, i.e., was the size of the series cap feeding the tweeters changes at the same time and, if so, from what to what?

Thanks, John

The caps for the tweeters and mids remained the same (4uf and 6uf).

Roy