AR11Bs---Highly Accurate...No Bloat...

DAA

I have been using restored AR11Bs for a few month now and have some observations about them.   A)  They are one of the finest sounding speakers I have ever used with good source material  B) They need quality watts pushing them---using a Sony ES system with N80ES amp giving them plenty of power.  C) They will not bloat or artificially produce bass.  If it's there, its there.  D) I have them on 10" metal stands and they like to be 6-8" from rear wall  E) that midrange is amazing---but can be slightly aggressive with poor material   F) Using a sine wave generator I get clean bass to 26 hz in my room---that's pretty remarkable ( I do have a sub crossed over at 40hz as my room is a bit large) 

The woofers were done by Bill at Millersound.  I did the crossovers with Erse NPE bundles and a small Poly on each.  Left the big silver bass caps as they tested fine.   New driver seals and have the original foam grills in good shape.  I bought mine with the boxes and all paperwork from the original owner  -- Truly a spectacular speaker!  

That is a fine looking AR 11 speaker pictured. I am glad you are enjoying them. I never get tired of listening to mine. The badge on yours appears to be from a AR11A model. The differences between the AR 11A and AR 11B were slight. Different woofers, tweeters and midranges. Different crossovers and different badges and stickers. Again the changes were very small. Sometimes AR had transitional examples because they used up existing parts during a model change.  The AR 11B model had a silver screen over the midrange and a model sticker with serial numbers on the front baffle and plastic badges instead of brass badges. Also the crossover switches were in a slightly different layout. That's the easiest way for me to identify them. 

I think what you have is a pair of AR-11B's with AR-11A replacement badges.  

I have a pair of AR-11A's and a pair of AR-11B's.  Everything you describe is just like my AR-11B's with the exception of the badges. 

My AR-11A's that are still waiting to be restored have tan tweeters, black screens over the midrange domes, crossovers mounted in the bottom of the speaker, brass badges, and strips of Velcro instead of dots to grab the foam grill.  Unfortunately the tweeters are blown and the cabinets have significant water damage, which will require some veneer work.  I got them cheap, so I can't complain.