Advent AS-2 speakers

Al Gillis

I've got a pair of speakers labeled "Advent AS-2".  Although there are a lot of posts here I have not seen anything about this model.

Anyone have any words of wisdom regarding these?  They sound good to me but my ears are not especially critical or musically trained.  I just like the music (Jazz) they make.

Here's the two serial numbers I own:  2380 2275 33 and 2380 2275 89.  I feed them from an aging Marantz Model Eighteen, a nice receiver from decades ago.  They are 33 1/2" high, 8" wide and 11 1/2" deep.. They weight about 28 pounds!

Free advice gladly accepted!

Best Regards...

Al

Welcome Al

Well, this may be a rude greeting but I suspect the AS-2s are not "real" Advents. Henry Kloss started making Advent speakers to provide money for his then real passion, projection TV. The Advent speakers and other products (table radios, first Dolby Cassette deck) were excellent, affordable products. The speakers were all acoustic suspension designs like AR and KLH (Kloss's previous companies). In the late '80s Advent was sold to Jensen, who continued the acoustic suspension design but shortly later the company was sold to a Chinese company and they went downhill.

I believe yours are ported Chinese speakers. I don't claim to be an Advent expert so I could be wrong. Hope other members will chime in.

Nice receiver.

Kent