recap crossovers

Yes, the Vishay do need to have longer leads soldered on. I bought a lot as they were a buck a piece. When they are used up that's it.

I've used the Dayton F&F and they do the job quite well. I like the Cornell-Dublier 940C 0.01 and 0.1uF too but they cost a bit more.

130_3094.JPG

On 6/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, bb57@comcast.net said:

hi guys i just ordered all the caps & resistors, let the fun begin, this will be my 1st time doing this, if i need help will reach out, will be following Davids Pic, Thanks Again, Lloyd

If you dribble a small of isopropyl rubbing alcohol on the old glue that holds down the caps and wait 5 to 10 mins. It will help release the caps. I used a small screw drive to get under the glue and pry it up.

When you start replacing work from the left back and then right back and work forward. DO NOT BE IN A HURRY - TAKE YOUR TIME !!!!!!

Well Guys its all done, Boy do these sing, I have a pair of Focal 1028 Be, floor stander speakers, MSRP of $7000.00,, These are very close, I want to thank you all for the help, it was not that hard, and it was my 1st time doing this !!, Thanks Again ,Lloyd

AADCD038-EC44-401F-90D8-6A010EA3B99A.heic 06A0D7AA-BCB8-4F58-B48B-E8DDB6D597E4.heic EB893C81-1D22-4F24-B89A-A11728755C99.heic

On 6/23/2020 at 12:26 PM, JKent said:

Regarding pictures, we love 'em but your iPhone pics are in a proprietary format, HEIC, which does not show up in the post so they have to be downloaded individually. And they're too big. If you have any kind of editing program, convert them to jpeg and make them about 100KB. I use Photoshop elements, resize to about 6" on the long side with a resolution of about 100 then save with a quality level of 8.