Jump to content
The Classic Speaker Pages Discussion Forums
npt3

Allison woofer repair (in Massachusetts!)

Recommended Posts

Hey!  Glad to see the forums back up and running.  I've just starting using my Allison Threes again (the home office routine!) and have discovered that both of the the surrounds have finally bit the dust.  I had Bill LeGall at Millersound fix my midranges a couple of years ago, and he's amazing and wonderful, but I'd like to try to find someone local in MA who's worked on the Allison 12" woofers before and can fix them.  Any suggestions??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, npt3 said:

Hey!  Glad to see the forums back up and running.  I've just starting using my Allison Threes again (the home office routine!) and have discovered that both of the the surrounds have finally bit the dust.  I had Bill LeGall at Millersound fix my midranges a couple of years ago, and he's amazing and wonderful, but I'd like to try to find someone local in MA who's worked on the Allison 12" woofers before and can fix them.  Any suggestions??

With social distancing in play, probably sending them out is still your best bet.

MillerSound had said recently no more Allison repairs, but perhaps he would still do woofers, since that is the most generic service of those 3 driver types.

 I had also used Simply Speakers for an Allison. Sorry I’m taking you even farther away. They’re in Florida but similarly priced to Legall.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, newandold said:

With social distancing in play, probably sending them out is still your best bet.

MillerSound had said recently no more Allison repairs, but perhaps he would still do woofers, since that is the most generic service of those 3 driver types.

 I had also used Simply Speakers for an Allison. Sorry I’m taking you even farther away. They’re in Florida but similarly priced to Legall.

 

Bill

Thanks Bill :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m restoring a pair of Allison Nines. I replaced the surrounds with Simply Speaker foams but one of the woofers is generating a bad grating sound which I haven’t been able to eliminate. im considering sending it in to Simply Speakers but saw a 10” Allison One dated 1982 for sale. 
 

Does anyone know if this is essentially the same as the 10” woofer in the Allison Nine?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RayDP said:

I’m restoring a pair of Allison Nines. I replaced the surrounds with Simply Speaker foams but one of the woofers is generating a bad grating sound which I haven’t been able to eliminate. im considering sending it in to Simply Speakers but saw a 10” Allison One dated 1982 for sale. 
 

Does anyone know if this is essentially the same as the 10” woofer in the Allison Nine?

 

 

The A1 woofer is 4ohm and the 9 is either 8 or 6 (pretty sure) 

I would send it in...I have sent work to them. They are honest and very reasonable. 
This way for sure you know what you’ve got!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...