I am the original owner of some 1987 TSW 910 speakers. I rebuilt them about 15 years ago. The tweeters have blown. I replaced them with minimal effort with Morel matched high energy tweeters they were about $600 a pair. They have totally opened up these speakers far exceeding the original tweeters that came with it that are unavailable. These speakers have never had enough power to run them until now. I am running an Arcam AV8 as a preamp. My power supply is a Carver Signature Sunfire Cinema Grand. For my data source I am using a Sony hap71es. The system is finally what I always looked for and has come alive like never before.  It has so much reliable solid clean powr that never clips never distorts.  Very impressive.  Next I will replace the 4 woofers with Morels..about $2000 for all.

Morel_MANF_0.gif

297-110_ALT_2.jpg

Rollover image to zoom Click for larger image
Main product image for Morel TiCW 1258Ft Titanium Series 12" Subwoofer 8 Ohm
Alternate view 1 for Morel TiCW 1258Ft Titanium Series 12" Subwoofer 8 Ohm
Alternate view 2 for Morel TiCW 1258Ft Titanium Series 12" Subwoofer 8 Ohm
Alternate view 3 for Morel TiCW 1258Ft Titanium Series 12" Subwoofer 8 Ohm

Customer Photo Gallery

User submitted image
User submitted image

Manuals & Resources

Morel TiCW 1258Ft Titanium Series 12" Subwoofer 8 Ohm

Brand:

|Model: TiCW 1258Ft|Part # 297-110

Morel_MANF_0.gif

277-096_ALT_1.jpg

Rollover image to zoom Click for larger image
Main product image for Morel ST 1108 Supreme 1-1/8" Soft Dome Tweeter Pair - Black
Alternate view 1 for Morel ST 1108 Supreme 1-1/8" Soft Dome Tweeter Pair - Black
Alternate view 2 for Morel ST 1108 Supreme 1-1/8" Soft Dome Tweeter Pair - Black

Manuals & Resources

Morel ST 1108 Supreme 1-1/8" Soft Dome Tweeter Pair - Black Faceplate

15 hours ago, Jenglemn said:

I replaced them with minimal effort with Morel matched high energy tweeters

15 hours ago, Jenglemn said:

Next I will replace the 4 woofers with Morels

So, these are no longer AR speakers. This post should be in the "Mods" section.

And why all the advertising and links? 

It would be subjective if we were talking about results, but we're not; we're using the original posters' stated intent, that is, whether the goal was to repair/restore or redesign. Or, as in the case of this thread, the original poster's view of the result.

14 hours ago, Jenglemn said:

Don't be such a purist snob.

Jengleman,

You're relatively new here and haven't learned the etiquette of this site. We don't attack other members and as Aadams pointed out, the Moderator merely moved your thread to the more appropriate section, i.e. "Mods".

And on the subject of mods, since you have all new and different drivers, the original crossover network is no longer appropriate. Crossover design is above my pay scale but I would suggest you look into designing a crossover that is suited to the AR cabinet with Morel drivers.

Kent

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Sony hap71es... Through the years I have always had to use an equalizer to get good sound from my source. This Sony takes all my music files and does nifty tricks with my files and as with Spotify  balances, filters, and re samples and all the tunes sound absolutely perfect.  It is an amazing machine.  There is no need to mess with treble, bass, or toggles...but I don't have any of those anyway...

• 7 months later...

I have an update.  I have replaced the Sunfire Grand Cinema amp. I purchased 2 new Crown XLS 2502 Drive Cores. One for each speaker bi amped. This seems to be the proper amplifier solution for these speakers in that there is so much power in these and they do not get hot.  What an improvement!

16228603454897512950116573359991.jpg

This is a great example of how the truth can change. 

On 9/27/2020 at 10:11 PM, Jenglemn said:

This is the absolute best setup for the speakers that I've ever heard.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:19 PM, Jenglemn said:

This is the amp to run these speakers!

On 6/4/2021 at 10:32 PM, Jenglemn said:

I purchased 2 new Crown XLS 2502 Drive Cores. One for each speaker bi amped. This seems to be the proper amplifier solution for these speakers in that there is so much power in these and they do not get hot.  What an improvement!

Good solution. The Crown XLS series are getting more popular on this site.