Smoking Advents

real1shepherd

16 minutes ago, Doug G. said:

Just for reference, it should not be all black when you get inside.

:D

Doug

Most likely not....but it did get HOT in there....lol. And the woofers carried on for another hr........it was that or the kids and I just stared at each other. A female supervisor came over and saw the smoking Advents and said, "Is there anything I can do?" Seriously.........in all her millennial glory.

Kevin

Using the 5002 tweeters in OLA/NLA has been discussed here before.  OLA has a 2nd order network

NLA 1st order but the 5002 has a 3rd order and it should be duplicated if you want to use the dome

tweeters.  I don't think that the 5002 sounds as good as the OLA and would suggest going back to 

the original tweeters.

Thanks for that info, Pete. I didn't know that, as they sounded better to me than the original tweeters. Maybe they're just 'brighter' and that's fooled my ears. 

I'm not sure I have all four OLA tweeters....I think one got destroyed. The dome tweeters are oil filled, so they can probably 'take' more abuse. 

Where would I find the 3rd order network info for the dome tweeters?

Kevin