The Classic Speaker Pages and Civility

administrator

I really do not want to have to exert "big brother" authority in these forums, but will if I have to.

Personal attacks and flame wars are not acceptable on The Classic Speaker Pages. I understand flame wars have become a tradition on lots of audio sites and newsgroups, but I won't accept them here - the content on this website, contributed by visitors, is too unique and valuable.

I need everyone to moderate themselves. Please take the higher road if you think you have been slighted, and chalk it up to agreeing to disagree and the nature of Internet communication.

I have been receiving email about how some threads have devolved and become very aggressive. I don't have time to keep on top of all the threads, and the time I do have I would prefer be spent on updating content and fixing bugs.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to post something like this. Again, I don't want to have to delete threads and revoke posting access, but I will if I need to - if simply to reduce the time I spend dealing with complaints.

Mark

• genek featured this topic