At 9 lower midrange reconed

Kal87bmw

2 hours ago, lARrybody said:

The only 8 in. AR woofers with 8 mounting holes I have ever ran across are the 200001-1 woofer used in the AR 18, 17, 15 and 25. They all have smooth cones and foam surrounds.

The 200027 LMR, for the 9's, 90's, and 94's, had 8 mounting holes as well.  That makes me wonder if all these woofers were built on a common frame, with like parts?  Even the impedance of my 90 and 18 drivers match.  Which makes me think that these various woofers can substitute for one another, in a pinch?

As I said they were reconed and the mids have a double roll cloth surrounds cone material is different than any pics I’ve seen but the magnets and spiders are original I added the trim ring from my advents and the extra screws for good measure 8 holes why not 8 screws .  I just was wondering if anyone else had there’s reconed.  I put my Maggie 3.6rs aside so I’d say they sound damn good. I am an original guy so I’ll look for the correct cones but  all have been redone in some form or another. Anyone have any spares or info that will help thanks in advance 

• 2 months later...

Was just looking for answers and I found the legacy focus speaker $20000 has the same cone material & double roll cloth surrounds on their midrange too. So mine should be good since they’re also a 4 way I’ve cranked them up for 4 months now and they sound great . 400 watts a channel  so I’m selling the 3.6rs   Thanks for the help