Allison Three crossovers

petteyr

On 9/16/2019 at 10:45 PM, petteyr said:

Hi, I am looking for the crossover schematics for the Allison Threes. 

I have a set of late model cherry Allison Threes, and a set of early first gens.

Crossovers look totally different. 

I’m pretty sure I have a copy of the original 3 schematic. Away for a few days but will post it when I get back.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:45 PM, petteyr said:

Hi, I am looking for the crossover schematics for the Allison Threes. 

I have a set of late model cherry Allison Threes, and a set of early first gens.

Crossovers look totally different. 

Turns out I don’t have hard copy on the THREE crossover....however I forgot about saved files on another computer of mine that has a good size Allison File.

I’ll check that in a few days and won’t post on this again unless there’s a file attached!

Bill

• 1 month later...

Hello. There were 2 versions of the original Allison 3 crossover. Later model had separate input terminals for the woofers and  midrange /tweeter section. Separated this allowed the Allison 3 to be bi-amplified . Jumpers were in place for single amplifier use.  Allison 3 systems produced after the company rose like a Phoenix may have used a different crossover since the drivers were likely somewhat different than those made decades earlier in Natick and Roy Allison, who designed these systems may have different ideas on crossover design. I have not seen a schematic for this newer design.

Model 3.jpg

Model 3 later model.jpg