Now I've Done It....

austingonzo

I picked up a pair of Ohm Walsh 4XO's off of Craigslist this evening.

I know this is the Allison forum, so let me make the post topical.  I've seen a number of you mention that your Allisons have made the migration into your home theater setups.  How has that worked?  Is there some special magic to making them sound wonderful after YPAO, MCAC, Audessy or Dirac is finished doing their magic?  Are you using them in a 5.1 setup?  Are you dropping the subs and center channels?

I'm asking because when I had first tried hooking the CD-7's to my Pioneer Elite (not rated for 4 ohms, by the way), ran MCAC with the designated mic, ensured that the speakers were set to small and crossover to my sub set at 80 Hz, the Allisons just sounded like they were drained of all life.

In short, what's the best way to bring dispersion speakers into home theater and retain some quality of sound - especially for occasional 2 or 2.1 channel listening?

austingonzo

11 hours ago, austingonzo said:

I picked up a pair of Ohm Walsh 4XO's off of Craigslist this evening.

I know this is the Allison forum, so let me make the post topical.  I've seen a number of you mention that your Allisons have made the migration into your home theater setups.  How has that worked?  Is there some special magic to making them sound wonderful after YPAO, MCAC, Audessy or Dirac is finished doing their magic?  Are you using them in a 5.1 setup?  Are you dropping the subs and center channels?

I'm asking because when I had first tried hooking the CD-7's to my Pioneer Elite (not rated for 4 ohms, by the way), ran MCAC with the designated mic, ensured that the speakers were set to small and crossover to my sub set at 80 Hz, the Allisons just sounded like they were drained of all life.

In short, what's the best way to bring dispersion speakers into home theater and retain some quality of sound - especially for occasional 2 or 2.1 channel listening?

austingonzo

The sound of the Allison Acoustics loudspeaker is superlative in, or out of the Home Theater ? environment.

Automated room correction can be helpful when a particular room presents certain challenges but isn’t absolutely essential....powerful manual calibration can handle the job fine and sometimes better especially with Subwoofer integration.

I use my 29 driver Allison system for both music and film and rely on an individual base line set up calibration for each. 

Bill