Schematic crossover Ar6

giovanni56

Ho smontato diverse Ar6 e, su due coppie di produzione europea, ho trovato uno schema di filtro, che utilizza una bobina da 0,880 mH, per il woofer 200001-1, e lo Sprague da 10 mF sul tweeter senza fili esterni, invertito di fase. Sul woofer non e 'installato il 24 microF e nemmeno la R da 10 ohm. 

Tutto il crossover e 'un 6db / ott, e installa un selettore a tre posizioni con R da 3 ohm 10W.

Translation into English>>>

"I disassembled several AR6's and, on two European production pairs, I found a filter scheme, which uses a 0.880 mH coil, for the 200001-1 woofer, and the 10 mF Sprague on the external wireless tweeter, phase inverted . On the woofer the 24 mF is not installed nor the 10 ohm R. All the crossover is a 6db / oct, and installs a three-position selector with 3 ohm 10W R."

On 7/1/2019 at 1:25 PM, giovanni56 said:

Ho smontato diverse Ar6 e, su due coppie di produzione europea,

Welcome to the forum, Giovanni. The AR-6 is a terrific small bookshelf speaker, so hopefully there might be something here which is useful to you.

And thanks, David, for the translation. The original post info is much better now, but still a bit difficult without any photos.

Schematics for AR-6 versions A and B are attached. This is purely speculation, but from your description, my guess is that you have a woofer circuit from version A and a tweeter circuit from version B. The added components (10-ohm R and 24uF cap) on the woofer B are found only with that unique woofer, so I suspect you basically have version B speakers that probably use the more common 001 "universal" 8-inch woofer, which does not require the added resistor and cap. 

I would think the performance of your speakers should be comparable to the other versions - - is there a particular problem you are concerned with? Perhaps posting some pics would be useful to describe your situation.  

AR-6 schematics A and B.jpg

• 2 years later...

I received a couple of AR6 few days ago. Unfortunately missing both woofers. I sold a lot of theese AR6 in 1975/77, so I know hey were 8 ohms. The problem is on the bac of the box the paper says 8 ohm, but bot the tweeters are 4 ohm ! The crossover is the model you indicates as "B", and tweeters are original, old, but still working very well. Anybody can tell me how it is possible ? Thanks a lot.

14 hours ago, Giandiego said:

Ho ricevuto un paio di AR6 pochi giorni fa. Purtroppo mancano entrambi i woofer. Ho venduto molti di questi AR6 nel 1975/77, quindi so che erano 8 ohm. Il problema è che sul retro della scatola la carta dice 8 ohm, ma entrambi i tweeter sono 4 ohm! Il crossover è il modello che indichi come "B", e i tweeter sono originali, vecchi, ma funzionano ancora molto bene. Qualcuno sa dirmi come è possibile? Molte grazie.

Did you measure the Re of the tweeters? what value did you. read?