Allison Electronic Subwoofer Bandpass Filter Bass Equalizer on "that" auction site

austingonzo

Just FYI.  I have no connection with the listing.  I happened to be checking EB for "Allison Acoustics" out of boredom yesterday and saw this.

There is a listing for this, along with shipping materials and signed RA ephemera.  Seller is in MA.  I have no frame of reference for price of the item.

I won't post the direct link out of consideration for expiring links and cluttering the forum.

austingonzo

$395 OBO seems steep unless you're a real Roy Allison fan/collector. FWIW, I have 2 of these--one fro my AR-3a setup and another for my AR-91s. Don't think I paid more than $150 for either.

49 minutes ago, JKent said:

$395 OBO seems steep unless you're a real Roy Allison fan/collector. FWIW, I have 2 of these--one fro my AR-3a setup and another for my AR-91s. Don't think I paid more than $150 for either.

Yeah, I've been known to spend more than prudent when I'm determined to get something I really want; but that strikes me as more than a bit pricey as well.

On 6/26/2019 at 5:33 PM, austingonzo said:

I think I found an earlier reference to this device and ephemera...

Hey, gonzo - - - yep, that's the exact same component that I spotted last year. Am still a little curious about this ESW, but the follow-up chatter in that previous thread did not suggest it was a particularly suitable device for use with my stable of older, small speakers. That asking price is nowhere near where it was when it was offered to me, so clearly this is a situation where a 'bargain' local purchase is being peddled to a much larger shopping audience at an inflated price. In other words: ebay in a nutshell, or mercantilism in action. Not complainin'.... just sayin'.