AR10TT/AR10PI what’s the difference?

Scoup

giovanni56 

They are simply gorgeous, they are early AR10TT, but given the little veneer triangles at the top front corners, I assume they are built in England - can you take pictures of the serial number and initials on the label?

16 ore fa, Giorgio AR ha detto:

giovanni56 

Sono semplicemente stupendi, sono i primi AR10TT, ma dati i piccoli triangoli impiallacciati negli angoli anteriori superiori, presumo che siano costruiti in Inghilterra - puoi fare delle foto del numero di serie e delle iniziali sull'etichetta?

C'è solo un'etichetta accanto ai morsetti di connessione, nella porta non ci sono etichette. All'interno delle custodie ci sono due etichette spartane che riportano gli stessi numeri di serie di quelle esterne. 1089 1293

IMG_20210814_111500.jpg

IMG_20210814_111423.jpg

5 minutes ago, giovanni56 said:

C'è solo un'etichetta accanto ai morsetti di connessione, nella porta non ci sono etichette. All'interno delle custodie ci sono due etichette spartane che riportano gli stessi numeri di serie di quelle esterne. 1089 1293

In English:

There is only one label next to the connection terminals, there are no labels in the door. Inside the cases there are two spartan labels bearing the same serial numbers as the external ones. 1089 1293

989408626_10pi24.jpg.d0e7f4ac2c24ea6797ade8766a136b5f.jpg

This particular in the circle is what I have only seen in cabinets built in England and from your photos I seem to see exactly the same construction!

9 minutes ago, Giorgio AR said:

In inglese:

C'è solo un'etichetta accanto ai terminali di connessione, non ci sono etichette sulla porta. All'interno delle custodie sono presenti due etichette spartane con gli stessi numeri di serie di quelle esterne. 1089 1293

989408626_10pi24.jpg.d0e7f4ac2c24ea6797ade8766a136b5f.jpg

Questo particolare nel cerchio è quello che ho visto solo in armadi costruiti in Inghilterra e dalle tue foto mi sembra di vedere esattamente la stessa costruzione!

I don't know, however these are made in the USA but have the same carryover on the edge

IMG_20210814_113912.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 10:46 PM, tysontom said:

Notice, too, that the very first AR-10 Pi speakers  (the prototypes, that is) were called "AR-Pi-One," and they had slider switches for the environmental control rather than the later toggle switches.  By the time of production, the name was changed to AR-10Pi; and in the ad shown in this message string, the AR-10Pi is actually shown with the slider switches, so perhaps serial number 0001 had sliders instead of toggle switches. 

One of the important contributors to the AR-10 was C. Victor Campos of AR (he recently died, sadly).  Victor and I used to talk for hours about AR and KLH, and Victor had actually worked at AR during two different periods, once in the early 1960s and then in the mid-1970s about the time of the new Advanced Development Division speakers (AR-10, AR-11, AR-12, 14, AR-MST, etc.).  He worked on the cabinet design of the AR-10 Pi, and during its development, AR technicians were having some difficulty making the access doors, which tended to bind, close properly.  Victor was somewhat impatient, and he insisted that the engineers stop screwing around and just install ball-bearing pivots for the door hinges!  Of course, this would have cost a fortune and was immediately nixed by management, so the engineers got to work and fixed the existing bearing surface for the solid-walnut door, and it worked fine forever more.  Victor was also very interested in the 1978 AR9 "D", an experimental 4-way "powered" AR9 speaker that was sadly never actually put into production!  What good did come of the AR9D: the birth of NAD electronics!  

--Tom Tyson

Old thread...but please share the ar9 and my favorite, believe it or not, amp manufacturer by far, happens to be NAD.  I've googled, but no go...thanks for your time.