Ar2ax wiring confusion

Randybobandy

Hello all. First post here. 

Got a pair of ar2ax the other day on a trade, got them home and the tweeters don't work, must add, even without tweeters, these sound soooo nice. Really amazed by them. So I opened them up and to my surprise nothing is connected to the mid pot control, you can clearly see someone snipped the mid and wired it to the high frequency pot..this is in both speakers. And the tweeters are still connected. It does not look like a hackjob,  looks pretty clean modification. Is this something that was common with these? Like I said these sound amazing without the tweeters, so curios to hear then with the tweeters working. Kinda scared honestly. Obviously I need to get them into a shop to rectify this problem. And one speaker didndt have any stuffing or rockwoll in them, so I just took all the stuffing about of my ar4xa pair. Was never to fond of them anyways. I would be post a pic but that will have to wait. Any thoughts off the top of anyone's head as to why this is the way it is? Should I even fix these?

Sorry Randybodandy - I thought someone here would respond to you by now. I did post a wiring diagram for the AR2ax crossover on Vinylengine and I see another user over there offered some insight. I was able to rebuild the crossovers in my AR3a's with help from folks here in this forum. I tried cleaning up my original level controls without much success but ending up purchasing new L-pads that I find satisfactory .  Hope you get things sorted out soon.