Unable to upload pictures.....

lakecat

1 minute ago, lakecat said:

I have always been able to upload pics from my camera via laptop to this site. My phone.....was not able to ever.   Now....I am getting an error message when trying to use my camera pics from laptop to upload on here. Anyone explain why?

Have you checked the file sizes.  Are you using W10 or AppleOS?  Newer phones take GB sized images unless you reduce the image quality setting.

23 hours ago, Aadams said:

Have you checked the file sizes.  Are you using W10 or AppleOS?  Newer phones take GB sized images unless you reduce the image quality setting.

It is W10.....but received a message that I am close to max. So got to go delete some pics and see if that takes care of it. Don't know why phone pics were never accepted here. 

W10 you can use the snip tool to save as a small file and copy/paste into CSP.  For example: the image below is from a photo of a whole 3a that is 11.3 MB natively but the snipped enlargement of the badge section is only 412kb.  If the snip is not too large you can copy and paste directly into CSP without first saving as a snipped jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dc9bfe21eb2671dbb1a0ed68fd2507a5.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Reduce image size to 640x480 or smaller at 72 dpi and save as jpg with quality set at 30%. You'll get a file size 100 kb or smaller.

You can view your attachments in "My Attachments" (just under the link to edit your profile). Click on the post an attachment is uploaded to, download and edit the attachment to reduce file size, add the smaller file to the post and then delete the larger file.