New ADS owner here, question

greyeyezz

• 3 weeks later...

More than once I have been tempted to take a strip of masking tape and try to pull some fur off my mids & tweets.

However, I have always stopped short as it is said it does not affect performance, and since my sticky drivers do sound great, I have not let my OCD get to me.

Yet.

Your ability to hold off may vary,

- Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

If they really bug you, you can send them to Richard So for restoration. Richard use to work at ADS and bought up all the parts inventory when they closed the doors.

His work is top quality, uses all factory correct parts and they will be new and last another 30 years. 

Nice speakers, but I have to say, once you're bitten by the ADS bug, you'll be looking for more, especially the larger models space allowing.

Glenn

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 3:51 PM, GD70 said:

If they really bug you, you can send them to Richard So for restoration. Richard use to work at ADS and bought up all the parts inventory when they closed the doors.

His work is top quality, uses all factory correct parts and they will be new and last another 30 years. 

Nice speakers, but I have to say, once you're bitten by the ADS bug, you'll be looking for more, especially the larger models space allowing.

Glenn

I have new mids and tweeters via Mr. So, and now I don't dare take off the grills. L810's. 

On May 13, 2019 at 11:28 PM, trog69 said:

I have new mids and tweeters via Mr. So, and now I don't dare take off the grills. L810's. 

Nice speakers, and I don't blame you! I only pull the grills whenim sitting and critically listening to the music, then they go back on.

Glenn

On 5/13/2019 at 8:28 PM, trog69 said:

I've been wondering about that. For all of you who've had Richard So redo your domes, is your metal grille's fabric inner layer still intact, or if missing, have you replaced it (with what?), or are you just using only the perforated grille?

• 3 months later...
On May 16, 2019 at 9:01 PM, swtuggle said:

I've been wondering about that. For all of you who've had Richard So redo your domes, is your metal grille's fabric inner layer still intact, or if missing, have you replaced it (with what?), or are you just using only the perforated grille?

Some have used that thin black furniture liner used on the bottoms of couches, and chairs.

• 11 months later...
On 4/12/2019 at 6:50 PM, batchman said:

More than once I have been tempted to take a strip of masking tape and try to pull some fur off my mids & tweets.

However, I have always stopped short as it is said it does not affect performance, and since my sticky drivers do sound great, I have not let my OCD get to me.

Yet.

Your ability to hold off may vary,

- Jeff

Toothbrush