Anything happened to "Vintage_AR" (Larry Lagace )?

KlausDK

Dear All

"Vintage_AR" shop on ebay.com is empty, has he moved to a web-shop outside ebay, or is he temporarily out of business??

I need 2 woofer adaption rings for mounting newer smaller version 10" woofers in an old set of AR.2Ax, didn't Larry use to have those on stock??

Hope that it is not something serious.

BRgds Klaus

Probably a good idea to wait, Klaus. I know I do not have the proper tools - and possibly not the skills - to create Masonite rings with accurate concentric circles. Also found this random pic stashed away, but I always thought the ring was meant to be placed below the basket rim rather than above it. 

Now I want to go to St. Thomas for snorkeling and rum drinks. B) 

10%22 ring.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

5 hours ago, GD70 said:

...the library of reference....

Hey Glenn,

Relative to some members, I've just spent a little more time familiarizing myself with the trove of useful info in the Drawings section of the AR Library in this forum. I've stated before that diving into these documents is not entirely intuitive - - the labeling is not always consistent or fully descriptive - - but with a little patience and some persistent digging, you can often find some very helpful and informative tidbits of info about your favorite AR speaker model.

In this particular case, I knew that the drawing for this adapter ring existed, and I thought it might be useful to Klaus if he needed an ASAP solution.

• 4 weeks later...
On February 28, 2019 at 7:39 PM, ra.ra said:

Hey Glenn,

Relative to some members, I've just spent a little more time familiarizing myself with the trove of useful info in the Drawings section of the AR Library in this forum. I've stated before that diving into these documents is not entirely intuitive - - the labeling is not always consistent or fully descriptive - - but with a little patience and some persistent digging, you can often find some very helpful and informative tidbits of info about your favorite AR speaker model.

In this particular case, I knew that the drawing for this adapter ring existed, and I thought it might be useful to Klaus if he needed an ASAP solution.

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the way overdue response. I haven't been here in a while.

It's clear you put a lot of time and effort into your research and I for one am appreciative of all your help. 

It was good to see you at Frankenfest last Saturday. Any thoughts about heading south to NY for the Lodge meet?

Cheers, Glenn

Archived