AR3 Restoration Resources in NJ

HarryF

Hello, a long time AR3a owner but new to the site. I've had these speakers since 1970, but they haven't been used in 30 years. They conflicted with my wife's interior decorating sense. The  old saying of "happy wife - happy life applied" so they sat in the closet for quite a while. We recently moved and there's now room for them. Hooked them up and the sound is pretty muddy, to say the least. The pots may be the problem. When I fiddle around with the treble, the highs kick in for a while and then die out. My short term solution has been to run the AR's as woofers and use a pair of a/d/s CM's as the twitter/mid-range but I'd rather run the AR's only.

Anyway, I'm not really confident to do the work myself and wonder if any one can recommend a speaker repair shop in central New Jersey. There's a shop called  Sound Remedy in Collingswood. Any insights about them or any other places in NJ.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Harry

53 minutes ago, HarryF said:

Hello, a long time AR3a owner but new to the site. I've had these speakers since 1970, but they haven't been used in 30 years. They conflicted with my wife's interior decorating sense. The  old saying of "happy wife - happy life applied" so they sat in the closet for quite a while. We recently moved and there's now room for them. Hooked them up and the sound is pretty muddy, to say the least. The pots may be the problem. When I fiddle around with the treble, the highs kick in for a while and then die out. My short term solution has been to run the AR's as woofers and use a pair of a/d/s CM's as the twitter/mid-range but I'd rather run the AR's only.

Anyway, I'm not really confident to do the work myself and wonder if any one can recommend a speaker repair shop in central New Jersey. There's a shop called  Sound Remedy in Collingswood. Any insights about them or any other places in NJ.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Harry

Welcome to CSP,  Harry....

Send a personal message to member JKent. He is in NJ, very experienced, and may be of assistance.

Roy

Archived