AR CD players

Guest StuA

I know this page is for AR speakers but does anyone know of a page that will give information on AR amps and CD players? In particular the AR the AR CD-04. Thanks.

Guest dogmeninreno

>I know this page is for AR speakers but does anyone know of a

>page that will give information on AR amps and CD players? In

>particular the AR the AR CD-04. Thanks.

Hello, The only references to the AR CD products I have found are on Audiogon. I see that they do not list the AR CD-4. Dale

CD Players Yr Retail Used avg

CD-06 16 bit 87 $500.00 $140.00

CD-07 with remote 91 $500.00 $160.00

CDP Limited with remote 92 $2200.00 $640.00

• 3 years later...

This info is from www.audiotools.com, and just added for reference:

When AR introduced the "Black Line" in the mid 80's it had one CD player in the lineup in the form of the CD-04, it featured the Philips 14bit 4x oversampling converters rather than a 16 bit one since the engineers at the company thought they sounded better than the 16 bit ones available at the time (and they were probably right, but this was an unusual design choice). The unit had a separate converter for each channel but at the time many of the designs out there (in particular the 14bit models) multiplexed the converter leading to a tiny phase error, otherwise the CD-04 was pretty much run of the mill and was at it's best used in conjunction with other AR Black line components since it had a remote control link. Introduced the CD-06 in late 1988, it was made at their UK plant and featured the then new 4x 16bit oversampling hardware from Philips, interestingly the unit had a remote control of output level so it could be used to drive a power amp directly, fit and finish was also considerably better than with previous CD players from the company. This unit also had a separate DAC converter for each channel.

BRgds Klaus

Archived