A pair of AR-3 fell into my lap this week

Lucky Pierre

I think this project, along with a few others, is on hold for now.  I am awaiting news on a new job.  Upon which, a new house will be in our future.  My time now is occupied with prepping our current home for a potential sale.

I'll post updates once things are more settled.

Peter

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Hi Glenn,

Happy New Year!

Well, I finally expect to have a permanent position within the month.  I've been consulting with a new start up since the end of October.  My boss says to expect a permanent position in January.  It will have been a little over a year since I have had permanent employment (and seven months in 2019 with no job.)  Once the contract is in hand we'll start looking for a new house.  There is one just across the street from us that I want.  Mostly because it has a two storey, 1000 sq. ft., heated and insulated barn!  A big workshop is just what I need!

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
On January 3, 2020 at 4:17 PM, Lucky Pierre said:

Hi Glenn,

Happy New Year!

Well, I finally expect to have a permanent position within the month.  I've been consulting with a new start up since the end of October.  My boss says to expect a permanent position in January.  It will have been a little over a year since I have had permanent employment (and seven months in 2019 with no job.)  Once the contract is in hand we'll start looking for a new house.  There is one just across the street from us that I want.  Mostly because it has a two storey, 1000 sq. ft., heated and insulated barn!  A big workshop is just what I need!

Peter

Fingers crossed Peter!

Thanks Glenn.

I've been thinking about what to do with the cabinets.  I had originally planned to sand, stain, and lacquer, to restore the original finish.  I have been considering sanding then oiling them with something like Watco Mahogany.  While not the original finish, the oiled cabs would go well with the rest of my oiled speakers.  Plus, it's a lot easier than spraying lacquer for those not experienced.

I sanded and oiled my mahogany AR 7s a couple of years ago, and they are beautiful.

What are your opinions, good people, on originality of finish?

Peter