Strange Fried egg

Antonio

Hello,

i read this site for years , I'm italian so i apologize in advance for my poor english, be patient please.

I'm an Advent fan since 1979 when my father buy form me a couple of Advent/1 ... today in my system there is a double stack composed by NAL +Advent /1 powered by a  Rotel RHB-10 Michi, external crossovers with Clarity Caps Csa and Mundorf Supreme resistors and original inductors

in these years i've bought 2 couples of fried eggs in case of accidents ...that never happen ?

i've notice that a couple was different from average fried eggs... in the front view they are perfectly indistinguishable but in the rear side there was a stick(NALS tweeter) as in photo

dc resistance was 1,9ohm instead of traditional 2,2ohm of NAL tweeters

is there someone who can explain what kind of tweeter is this?

thank you in advance

Antonio

fried.jpg

Hi Antonio and welcome,

The stickers are on replacement tweeters which should be identical to original units. I can't explain the DCR difference but it could be that the VC windings are damaged. The sticker explains that, basically, it is for a New Advent and not the original Advents.

I would listen to it to see if it sounds the same as others.

Doug

Thanks for your reply... i've already tested and to me they sound only a little more open than the others ... but could be only an impression... both tweeters with sticks are 1,9ohm i think it would be very strange ifnthey were damaged in the same way.. 

i'm very curious...

• 1 month later...

@Antonio  I've measured at least 6 NLA tweeters that ranged from 2.13 to 2.32 ohms, I've never 

seen one that low.  Are you measuring with a good quality meter that is properly zeroed?

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/new-large-advent-tweeter-issues.824843/

Archived