AK gathering at Blue Mountain Lodge

JKent

I showed my NOT AR-11s and NOT Small Advents, the turnout was not great and not many buyers:

I received many positive comments about the NOT Small Advents, seems every person who 

heard them loved them.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/not-ar-11-speaker.837616/

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/not-small-advents.837536/#post-11963954

NOT-AR-11-FRONT-SM.thumb.jpg.d7edabec3a0a7e412a35159367f5f607.jpg

SA-MOD-FRONT.thumb.jpg.78167b07f699809d65341a2a5ac82959.jpg

SA-MOD-REAR.thumb.jpg.af5e127308965b7a99761eb42b1b65b5.jpg

We had 26 that attended. There were 8 or 9 that ended up not being able to make it.

Seems most are more interested in demoing gear, and talking audio, than buying at this point. My impression is we're all pretty saturated with gear, I know I am.

This was the 2nd gathering, and it seemed everyone had a good time, liked the space and location, and will grow over time. For the next Lodge gathering, I'll post it on CSP as well.

Glenn

55 minutes ago, GD70 said:

For the next Lodge gathering, I'll post it on CSP as well.

Please do. Thanks for arranging that, Glenn. It was good to put names and faces together. And your ebony veneer job on those JVC separates was beautiful!

For the record, you don't look that much like Jerome Howard (aka Curly) ;)

Kent

I had planned to keep one stock and one with my mid/tweeter replacement,

but only had time to recap the one speaker so I've not yet done an A/B compare.

We listened the night before the show and I was rather shocked by how good they

sound - more to come.

The mid is hidden behind that porous dust cap to hide the identity.

18 hours ago, GD70 said:

We had 26 that attended. There were 8 or 9 that ended up not being able to make it.

Seems most are more interested in demoing gear, and talking audio, than buying at this point. My impression is we're all pretty saturated with gear, I know I am.

This was the 2nd gathering, and it seemed everyone had a good time, liked the space and location, and will grow over time. For the next Lodge gathering, I'll post it on CSP as well.

Glenn

I'd suggest that you run a poll where people can reply with will attend or maybe 

so that we can decide if it is worth hauling gear out or not.  I'd more likely attend

with 50+ positives in the poll.

I suggest that you notify the surrounding audio clubs, CAS, NJ, NY and ask that 

they reply to the poll so we have a head count.

20 hours ago, JKent said:

Please do. Thanks for arranging that, Glenn. It was good to put names and faces together. And your ebony veneer job on those JVC separates was beautiful!

For the record, you don't look that much like Jerome Howard (aka Curly) ;)

Kent

Thanks Kent!

It was a pleasure to meet you as well, and thank god I don't look like Curly! My wife would have kept walking when I first asked her out!

Glenn

28 minutes ago, GD70 said:

Thanks for the suggestions Pete. I'll keep them in mind.

Glenn

Also, since there is no AC there I'd suggest late October or November next time because it was quite warm there,

especially hauling gear around.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:55 PM, GD70 said:

Thanks Kent!

It was a pleasure to meet you as well, and thank god I don't look like Curly! My wife would have kept walking when I first asked her out!

Glenn

Hello Glenn,

Way back when....January I said I would show up (live near by 10 minutes) but perils of life took over this month...…...maybe next time!

Bill

On September 22, 2018 at 3:42 PM, newandold said:

Hello Glenn,

Way back when....January I said I would show up (live near by 10 minutes) but perils of life took over this month...…...maybe next time!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Life does that sometimes! Hopefully next time, and since you're so close, we should meet at my place for a listening session at some point, and vice versa.

Cheers, Glenn

Archived