Ar-11 woofer

jspernc1

Bought a pair of ar-11's. Looked original with newer surrounds. They sound very good to me. I opened them up to check the part number on the woofers. They both have the number 561-7631 on them. This is not what I expected as per the forums here. Can anyone tell me about them. Again the speakers sound really good and are in pretty good cosmetic shape.

thanks

joe

It looks like it's an aftermarket woofer.  At least according to the 561-7631 part number.  It matches, from a Google search, to a repair shop in Watertown, MA.  The shop is Audio Proz.  They offer a number of original and aftermarket spare parts, for vintage gear, including AR.  So, I guess not original woofers?  But, pictures would help.

Audio Proz

I'll get a pic up. I appreciate the response. I went to the site but I don't see a reference to these. What section did you find them? I searched the number with no results.The woofers look like they have been around awhile. I hate they are not the original woofers but they sound good anyways  at lower and higher power settings  Thanks for the input.

joe

Hi everyone I have known Vincent from Audioproz for about over 20 years and he is very knowledgeable about the vintage audio as he used to work for Scots there a YouTube video here

Thanks Tim

11 hours ago, jspernc1 said:

They both have the number 561-7631 on them.

Those drivers sure look like AR components to me. For comparison, I have some 8" woofers from AR-6's (561-7420) and AR-18S's (561-8116), and the last four digits reference the date of production - - in your case, 7631 refers to the 31st week of 1976.  I think the 561 is another part of a production code.

11 hours ago, jspernc1 said:

I'll get a pic up. I appreciate the response. I went to the site but I don't see a reference to these. What section did you find them? I searched the number with no results.The woofers look like they have been around awhile. I hate they are not the original woofers but they sound good anyways  at lower and higher power settings  Thanks for the input.

joe

My Google match may have been a false-positive.  Especially with ra.ra's part number info.  But, it did match to an AR parts site, so maybe it was a cross reference between original, and replacement part numbers?  Though, the picture does show what looks to be an authentic AR woofer.  As such, if the speakers sound good, I wouldn't worry.

Thanks for the input. They sound really good to my 60 year old ears. I normally listen to hpm-100's or cs-99a. I''ve always wanted a pair of ar's. I'm pretty datisfied with these.  They sound good at normal listening levels and don't hesitate a second at higher power.

Archived