Jump to content

Please help! Need to identify, replace speaker cable.

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I am looking to replace the male end of this speaker cable. I have had both male and female ends tested and it appears that there is a short circuiting issue with the male end. It is an amp to speaker cable from an early 1960’s Astor Audiophinic Turntable/radio. 


I have contacted/visited a number of the classic electronics stores in my local area, however the one guy who had a male end of this cable could not identify the name of the cable and was reluctant to sell it to me because they don’t come round often. 

Please help!


Melbourne, Australia

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

You should be able to repair that cable. The covering should pop off with gentle  prying with the cover off will give you access to the solder tabs on the inside. Four conductor audio cable is easy to come up with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...