Which receiver to buy with these older speakers ?

Totemtimer

I am trying to put together a system currently. I have older speakers though. I have BA VR3s mains and BA VR12 center. I have a 350 watt Klipsch sub I bought at best buy in 2010. I can’t give you the exact model of the sub because it’s in storage in a different state . I would like to get opinions/advice on which receiver I should get. If you could help me choose a receiver that will do everything needed and have good synergy with speakers and subs I’d really appreciate it. I am fairly new to home theatre ,so any advice would be great Thank you

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, music lovers...I'm waiting on a clean set of Boston A60s, due in next week ,  which I've never heard or owned any Bostons....and will be driving them with my Pioneer SA 8500 Amp....I'm 60 years old & don't always have it cranked up, try to go easy on my ears , I  just enjoy quality sound, and these got great reviews.....also have some JBL  L46s...

• 4 weeks later...

In our showroom in the 1980's, Yamaha's CR 420-Cr 620 and Cr 820 (silver faced receivers) matched extremely well with the Boston A 40, 60 and 100's. Probably those and the BA 150's would do equally well with the bigger Yamaha integrated amps but I don't remember those combinations very well.

The rear showroom wall was of an older brick construction and seemed to help the Boston's wall-oriented design really sing!