Model Six w/ Janszen 130

samberger0357

Anybody ever use the Six with this, or any other external tweeter?  I ask because I am currently using the 130 tweeter arrays with a pair of AR2's, and it's a wonderful combination. But I have 2 pairs of very early Six's, and while they sound good(neither have been opened up but I'm guessing with serial numbers less then 18,000 that they have the oil caps) I'm wondering if they would offer me anything different then the 2's if I tried them with the Janszen's.

Thoughts?

I'd say why not give it a try?

The Microstatic tweeter array was intended as an add-on for early AR and KLH speakers. So your JansZens "should" work well with the Sixes.

I'm just starting work on some Sixes now and will try them with Microstatics when complete.

-Kent

Thanks. I am planning on doing just that. Seems the AR2 and KLH Model Six aren't all that different from each other, and came out roughly the same time frame, yet it seems that while the 2 is listed as one of the speakers the 130 was developed for, the Model Six is not mentioned. So wasn't sure if there was something that I was missing.

Any idea what, if any,, differences there with the woofers of both speakers? I know they're both cloth surrounds. 

Archived