Boston T 930 II Information

Rob Irvin

I just came across a pair of B-A  T 930 II.The tweeters work fine,but the midrange's and basses flutters and chirpped at just under 50 watts.All controls were flat.I know now the the bass speakers are transplants,they read low 5 ohm.I pulled one of the midrange speakers,it had Made in taiwan stamped on the back.I guess my question would be,what are the actual specs for the individual speakers? Also,I can not seem to find replacement speakers,even ones needing surrounds,Any help would be appreciated.Rob

More on these speakers with comments from the designers:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?/topic/3825-t930-series-ii/

I'd look on ebay for replacement drivers, on the other hand they are fairly cheap as complete

speakers so you might just look for another pair.  Make sure that you get the series II version

which is better.

Thanks PeteB.I just wanted to make sure of speaker compatibility.I would like to put them back to original. I always look on ebay,I guess I will just keep looking,have not found any except other replacement speakers.I was not sure if other speaker models used the same drivers.Rob

You might try to PM Gerry S. and/or Steve F and alert them to this thread.

It would be good to know if the 930 and 1030 shared the same midrange, or any other BA speakers.

Also if the woofer is the same 10" as in any other models.

Archived