I'm looking for collectors of SEEBURG Multi-channel Speakers

Guest accessme2da

Guest accessme2da

Hi,

My father owns SEEBURG Multi-channel Sound Speakers since 1960's and wanted to know if there worth anything. Any collectors out there?

• 2 weeks later...

>Hi,

>

>My father owns SEEBURG Multi-channel Sound Speakers since

>1960's and wanted to know if there worth anything. Any

>collectors out there?

If your father had owned a 1910 Seeburg Nickelodeon, restored, such as used in the live-vs.-recorded sessions with the AR-3 at the 1966 New York High Fidelity Music Show, then it would be worth a *great* deal. However, that is about the only connection Seeburg has to AR. Other than that, your best bet would be to go out on eBay and see if anybody has, or is in the process of, selling that equipment.

--Tom Tyson

>>Hi,

>>

>>My father owns SEEBURG Multi-channel Sound Speakers since

>>1960's and wanted to know if there worth anything. Any

>>collectors out there?

>

>If your father had owned a 1910 Seeburg Nickelodeon, restored,

>such as used in the live-vs.-recorded sessions with the AR-3

>at the 1966 New York High Fidelity Music Show, then it would

>be worth a *great* deal. However, that is about the only

>connection Seeburg has to AR. Other than that, your best bet

>would be to go out on eBay and see if anybody has, or is in

>the process of, selling that equipment.

>

>--Tom Tyson

Let me correct myself: It is Seaburg, not "Seeburg." And incidentally, does anyone know the whereabouts of AR's 1910 nickelodeon? Someone evidently absconded with it sometime in the late 1960s.

--Tom Tyson

>Evidently you were right the first time: it is Seeburg.

>

>Bob

Bob,

Obviously I was unsure of myself on the correct spelling. Instead of researching it, I quickly looked at the brochure published by AR back in 1966 entitled, "A 1910 Niclelodeon in a demonstration of Live vs. Recorded Music." On the back of this brochure AR also misspelled it: Seaburg. Seeburg is correct.

--Tom Tyson

Tom,

Nope. I'm actively collecting all those big kabuki style things from Japan in the 70's. Big 15" woofer based systems that reach all the way down to 50 cycles and stuff. Usually horn loaded if your lucky. I'm collecting those and the JVC "orbs" that came on pedestals, and some of the Zenith speakers in the cylindrical containers that fired straight up.

I'm grabbing all those up before they're gone.

George

Archived