Search feature

Guest bluelobster

Guest bluelobster

Hi guys

New guy here hitting a brick wall. I can't figure out the search feature.

I went to help, which was no help, with no luck.

I just found myself a pair of ar9's that need help. Being a tinkerer and tweeker

I signed on here to see what you guys have found out. Gotta love that tribal knowledge!

Hello,

Regarding the search feature limitation, to quote Mark, the site administrator:

Here's an option for many of you that would like to search for words or phrases containing words with less than 4 characters - e.g. "KLH" or "KLH 22", now that Google has indexed a great deal of the new Library and this forum:

Prefacing a Google search with "site:classicspeakerpages.net" (no quotes) will cause Google to search only classicspeakerpages.net for that particular search. So:

site:classicspeakerpages.net "KLH 22"

Would kick back Google results for the exact phrase "KLH 22" anywhere on classicspeakerpages.net.

Mark

For example, here are a couple of searches, using the above technique:

"AR9"

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=s...amp;btnG=Search

AR-9

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=s...amp;btnG=Search

Additionally, if you ask a specific question, others with knowledge may answer directly—or perhaps be able to point you towards an especially informative topic.

Hope that helps.

Robert_S

I had trouble myself at first. Mostly got way too many useless hits. But then, I discovered there are two levels of sub-options.

Click on search, then click on 'more search options'. A new window will pop up. at the bottom of that window click on 'more options'. Another window will open. There you can enter your search words. The search will narrow down greatly if you put plus signs between key words to force all the words to be used in the search. Then click on the speaker brand of choice.

good luck next search!

Guest PhoenixRising
Hi guys

New guy here hitting a brick wall. I can't figure out the search feature.

I went to help, which was no help, with no luck.

I just found myself a pair of ar9's that need help. Being a tinkerer and tweeker

I signed on here to see what you guys have found out. Gotta love that tribal knowledge!

Congrats on finding a real classic, and enjoy working on them. I've loved my AR9's for several years, and I'm just now starting to fully restore them to original condition (or as close as I can get).

I'm a relative AR newbie as well, but there are some real experts on this site, and they are very helpful. Nicer than most, too. I've asked several specific questions, and I received excellent answers that really helped me.

Best of luck with the 9's, and make sure to post up tons of pics! :rolleyes:

(By the way, if you just don't feel like messing with them, you can always take the easy route: ship them to me! I'll even pay the freight. :D

Guest bluelobster

Thanks guys

First thing is to pull and mark the woofs and mid. I'll be taking them to Millersound for refoam.

Fortunately he's close by. These cabinets are pretty nice but could use a freshing up.

Maybe a light sanding and stain? Of course there's lots more down the road.

Archived